Location Based Marketing and How To Succeed.
What is Location Based Marketing? Does it actually work? Why you as a small/medium business should consider it essential.
We hope at this stage your business website has been updated to be compatible with mobile devices. This compatibility with mobile devices is desirable and is considered essential to avoid losing your Google ranking. More than 50 % site visitors are now searching the internet using smart phones. Mobile compatibility used to be an option now it is essential.
Google made an announcement that it would be change their algorithm 21st of April 2015. In fact Google constantly evolves its algorithm.
It really is essential to ask yourself whether your own website is mobile friendly if you do not know the answer we suggest you contact SME Design for a free no obligation consultation.
Secondly have you done your key word research combined with an analysis of your present and desired customer base?
Have you analysed your competition for these particular search terms? This is necessary to gauge how much effort is required to rank for a Search Term.
These aspects are essential to have your website targeted to the right people for the right reasons to increase your conversions of visitors to real customers. In this analysis as well as considering demographic aspects of the customer base you need to consider the geographic aspects of your base what is this been achieved you can then develop your online marketing presence target to the geographic demographic segments that you are aiming for.
To conduct Location Based Marketing the business needs to determine the geographic source of the existing customer base. Also consider that the potential customer base may be greater than it stands at the moment.
For example if your business is based at Pakenham and this is your target market it is ideal to aim your site to that geographical market.
If your customers come from further afield than Pakenham it is important to let the search engines also be aware that you service Dandenong, Berwick and Narre Warren.
To the East of Pakenham there are the populations of Drouin & Warragul you may wish to target. Depending on how competitive your market is, as to how much effort needs to go into the website to be successful in ranking in these areas.
Location Based Marketing
To enable you to be located high in the rankings for these locations. Content such as “we service Pakenham and the surrounding towns” will not get you found in the surrounding locales. The specific towns that you service need to be named.
The locales you are targeting need to placed in the URL., the meta Tag and in the content itself.
A basic tip for any business that has website is to make use of quality directories such as yelp from TrueLocal and Google + business pages.
What should you make so much effort with Location Based Marketing?
By providing local consumers the right information on your website Google will ranking higher so you will be found. Recent research conducted by Google as shown that 50% of mobile users will more likely visit a business after submitting a local search.
Some introductory steps
- Submit your details to various quality directories such as Google plus Yelp. TrueLocal and Yellow Pages. There are also other quality directories that it is a good idea to submit your business information to be cautious and do not submit to all directories.
- Step two consider social media and establish your business profile on Facebook. Facebook undoubtedly has a massive audience and also has a cost effective platform of advertising to a targeted audience. You can factor in demographic geographic and interests. A very cost-effective of promoting any aspect of your business and in our experience has provided immediate and quantifiable benefits.
- Check to see whether there are any industry specific directories which are very valuable to link from.
- Consider Location Based Marketing and list your business and web site with any geographically specific directories relevant to your business and the desired customer base.
- Include videos displaying the features and benefits of your product or service. This is a very good is a SEO technique this was providing a visual representation to your website will enhance the prospect of converting your visitor to a customer.
- Do your best to encourage your customers to provide feedback or reviews of your business. We all trust testimonials from real people, particular if they are geographically local.
- We have seen some websites that appear to be self obsessed with design features totally forgetting to add value to the visitor. As well as providing relevance to Google for Search Terms your website needs to provide real value to the site visitors. The desire is to convert site visitors to customers.
Your business telephone number and/or email should be visible above the fold on every page. Many site visitors perform a Google search simply to find your telephone number. The telephone directory is dead and buried.
Your retail business should have the opening hours in a prominent position.
Using the services of a professional writer who is familiar with SEO practices is ideal to assist in ranking your site.
At SME Design we spend the majority of our time is working on Web Sites that have been created by other companies that we need to function as they should.
Location Based Marketing is just one area that we focus on.